Hardware Hacking SIG is a subgroup of BLU for discussion of open source hardware, embedded Linux, the DIY movement, home automation, and hardware hacking in general. The mailing list is open for anyone to join. Like BLU it has a bias toward things happening in the Greater Boston area.
Join the Hardware Hacking discussion list.
Local hardware hacking organizations:
- Boston Skillshare
- Sixsmith School of Applied Arts
- Fab Central (Fab Lab program)
- Boston Chapter of Dorkbot International
- Cambridge Science Festival
- Cambridge Mini Maker Faire
- Artisan's Asylum Inc
- sprout & co.
- MakeIt Labs (Nashua, NH)
- TekArts (Milford, NH)
- The Brain Tank (Rhode Island)
- other hackerspaces in Massachusetts
Local hardware hacker friendly vendors:
- danger!awesome is a laser engraving and cutting workshop in Central Square, Cambridge
- You-do-it Electronics electronic components retailer in Needham, MA
- Reynolds Advanced Materials "mold making and casting materials including silicone and urethane rubber, casting resins, plastics, and more" in Brighton, MA
- Patriot Plastics Woburn, MA
- Admiral Metals Aluminum, Brass, Beryllium, Bronze, Copper, Stainless, High Temp Alloys sold by the pound, in small quantities; Woburn, MA